Thursday, July 28, 2011

Monterey Jack and Chicken Tortillas

I was on Pinterest, like that’s anything new. HA!  Anyways, I was on Pinterest and found a great recipe for chicken tortilla roll ups.  I like the idea behind them and decided to go on a different route….thus was born Monterey Jack and Chicken Tortillas. *smiles*  They may not be too pretty, but they sure are tasty!

july 2011 003

What do you need?

  • 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
  • 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 block shredded monterey jack cheese
  • 1 tbsp minced garlic
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp steak or hamburger seasoning {I used Bam! Burger season by Emeril}
  • salt to taste
  • 10oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
  • 6, 8 inch tortillas

What do you do?

  1. Mix together all ingredients except for 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese.
  2. Put mixture into 6 tortillas and roll them up.  Place each tortilla side by side touching in a baking dish with the seam side down.
  3. Top all the tortillas with the remaining cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and the tortillas are heated through.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Oh my...you are giving into my Mexican cravings. This looks delicious! I have yet to be on the website...gasp.