Thursday, February 3, 2011

New Year New Me Update

Ok, so it’s been 4 weeks since I started the New Year New Me.  And although the scale isn’t dropping like I’d like it too I just keep telling myself that losing weight slowly makes it so much easier to keep it off.  Plus, I have got to get off the scale.  I seriously weigh in every single day, numerous times a day.  I could tell you what I weigh when I first get up, after lunch, before and after working out and before bed.  It’s ridiculous!  I just can’t help it.   It’s some what addicting.  However, I have lost 7.3lbs in the last 4 weeks. :-)
My working out went like this:
Thursday – 500 calories
Friday – didn’t work out
Saturday – didn’t work out
Sunday – 500 calories
Monday -  didn’t work out
Tuesday – 500 calories
Wednesday – 500 calories
No workouts for Friday and Saturday because Zack was out of town.  Lame excuse I’m sure but it was hard playing single parent! :-P
I have been eating about the same since I started.  I did however mix up lunches a little bit this past week.  I went and bought some of the frozen microwavable meals because well, I could only eat so much tuna salad sandwich’s!  I got several different brands ranging from Weight Watchers Smart Ones to Lean Cuisine and more.  My thoughts:
Lean Cuisine Chicken Alfredo – Sauce was pretty good, needed extra salt and pepper with a little parmesan cheese and I couldn’t really complain. The chicken was OK.  Nothing that I would love to eat again.  If I buy this again, I will honestly pick the chicken out.  There just weren’t that many pieces for one but a few of the pieces were grisly and fatty.  Yuck!  I had to spit them out.
Weight Watchers Smart Ones Chicken Ranchero Wraps – YUM!  I didn’t do these in the microwave but in the oven instead and they were delicious!  I dipped them in sour cream.  I will definitely be buying them again.
Lean Pockets Chicken White Pizza – YUMMY!  Again in the oven as opposed to the microwave.  This keeps the crust crispy. 
Great news…I wore a pair of jeans that I haven’t worn since we went to Disney last February.  AND…in February I weighed more than I do now.  SO, that tells me that you should judge yourself by your clothes and not the scale.  BUT, I still will be on the scale checking religiously! ;-)
Here’s to another week.  I really would love to lose about 13 more in the next 6 weeks.  We leave for Disney in 6 weeks!!  However, if I don’t, it’s really no big deal to me.  I am happy with the way things are going and I’m not going to over work myself to make it all back fire.  Because if I am doing things that I can’t keep up with then none of this is going to work.

No comments: