Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Reindeer Food!

We make this every year.  I am not sure where in the world I found this recipe at, but it was years ago.  We love this stuff!  It’s addicting and very adaptable to just about every holiday by switching up one ingredient.  {Monster Munch (candy corn) for Halloween, Bunny Treats (Cadbury candy coated eggs) for Easter, etc} 

I took this last year to Kelsie’s PreK class and the teachers had to have the recipe. :-)  This year is no different, except that I’m making two batches!  I am sending some for Kelsie’s class and I’m taking some in to mine as well.  It’s so easy to make and SO good to eat!  Plus you have to feed the reindeer! ;-)

december 2010 028

Reindeer Food

  • 3 cups Cheerios
  • 2 cups rice chex cereal
  • 2 cups pretzels
  • 16 oz M&Ms
  • 1 bags white chocolate -chips

Mix all ingredients together except the white chocolate.  Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler on the stove top.  Pour over the top of your mixture and mix well. {you will use your hands to get it thorough mixed together}

Lay out in a single layer on wax paper or foil until dry.  Break apart and store in air tight container.

No comments: