Friday, November 19, 2010

On Our Way to New York

Our bags are packed and we hope beyond all hope that we have followed the TSA’s security measures by only bringing the quart sized bag each filled with our liquids.  I also hope that we can navigate Atlanta’s airport without any problem.  It’s that place that I think scares me the most.  Ok, no wait that’s not true, it’s the fact that I have not spent one night without Zack since we got married, 7 years ago.  That’s it, that’s what scares me the most.  Heck yea, I’m gonna miss Kelsie, afterall she is my buggy!  However, Zack is my bed buddy.  I have some major problems and can’t sleep without him, so I’m taking Benadryl to help me sleep.  Thank God Zack doesn’t travel for his job, I’d have some major issues and be on sleeping meds. HA!
We will arrive at LaGuardia in New York at 4:01pm today and from there we will head to the W Hotel in Times Square.  It’s scary and exciting all at once.
Scary?  Yea, well I have said all my life that I would never step foot on an airplane.  My thought behind that is, it’s just not natural for us to fly, we're not birds.  If God meant for us to be in the air, we would have wings!  But, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.  After all I am not one of those bloggers that gets invited to every blogger event.  I’m just not.  Why I’m not, I don’t know, but like I said, once in a lifetime opportunity here! :-)
So I am going with a smile, at least on the outside, I may look a little more like this….
image
on the inside. 
And if anything at all goes wrong with our plane, turbulence or what not, I’m gonna look like that on the outside too.  However, you’ll be able to hear my screams where ever you maybe.  Seriously.
We are going to have a fun filled Crayola weekend in New York.  After all Crayola is the reason for our visit.  They have invited us along with other mom bloggers with tweens to check out some new products that Crayola has out on the market for Tweens.  But you’ll hear all about that when we get back!  I can’t wait to tell y’all all about it. 
**this is a complimentary trip thanks to crayola.  i will still provide you with my 100% honest opinion on the whole experience including their products.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

You are going to have a blast. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear all about it.

Georgia Girl said...

Oh I would love to go to New York also...I agree with you about flying! Have fun and can't wait to hear about your trip!