Monday, November 30, 2009

Sweet Home Alabama ~ Thanksgiving on the Farm!

In case some of you didn’t know, we went to Alabama {my brothers house} last Tuesday for Thanksgiving week.  We were going to come home on Saturday but we were having too much fun and didn’t want to leave!  So we didn’t get in until yesterday afternoon.  Exhausted and sick {me} we are trying to slowly get back into the swing of things.  But not too much because Christmas is now just a few short weeks away. {super excited}  These are only my pictures from Thanksgiving, my niece has the rest, I am waiting on her to upload them.  And these are only just a handful because I had over 200 photos on my memory card from the trip!  Whew…that’s what you get when your kids get your camera and start taking pictures. 
We went to visit Sherri {my bff} in Irondale and ate at Hamburger Heaven and then went to the cemetery to visit mothers grave.  The other little girls are Sherri’s twins.  They were so sweet! 
november 2009 006
november 2009 015
Sherri and I
november 2009 017
Lake Purdy Bridge
november 2009 023
The view from 280 going over the mountain
november 2009 029
My niece, Amanda and the girls
november 2009 033
My nephew Jacob and Kelsie
november 2009 058
BBQ Deer was delish
november 2009 068
We rode around on the Gator amongst these guys!
november 2009 075
And longed to live with this as our back yard
november 2009 076
We had so much fun and miss the farm terribly!  I think Kelsie saw the cows no more than 50 times.  We played Wii and sang until we were hoarse {America Idol} and played bowling and golf until our arms were sore.  It was a fantastic trip!  I love my family!!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm so excited for you that you were able to go home and see your family! What a great time.

Darlene said...

It sounds like you had a FABULOUS Thanksgiving with your family. Beautiful pictures and great memories.♥

The Un-Nester said...

Awe I love and miss yall SO much. You took some great pics too. Keep em coming :)

We had a GREAT time having yall here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, I'm excited about coming to visit FL during beach season :) Just get ready...and yes, I just invited myself lol!

Heatherlyn said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving! It's hard to believe that Christmas is so near now!

Anonymous said...

Again,Oh Good Lord!!! Not only did you put that awful picture of me on Facebook for all of our friends to see,now you post it here for an even broader audience! Don't look at me! I'm Hideous!And OLD LOOKING! HA!
But I do think it was funny that our shirts ended up coordinating even though we didn't know what the other was going to wear.
At least you and Amanda look beautiful as always.