Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Party/Carnival

On Wednesday I went over to the school for Kelsie’s very first Pre K Halloween Party.  They had a very unique approach and did a very cute carnival with games and face painting.  It was held on the Pre K playground. 
The carnival included candy, a rice table {which I was running}, candy, rats in slime, candy, a bean bag ghost toss, candy, face painting, candy, a water balloon throw, and did I mention candy?  There was more candy than I think I have ever seen.  Each parent was ask to bring in candy.  I spent almost $25 on candy and one mom brought in 10lbs of the make your teeth rotten stuff!  So they had plenty of candy. 
The kids had a blast and it was such a fun experience.  After the carnival we went inside for the party portion complete with chicken tenders, apple sauce and cake with a little more candy! *smiles*
Kelsie has had a gallon zip lock bag full of it.  Needless to say it’s just about gone.  This is about the only time of year that I will let my kids eat candy until it makes them sick.  {this doesn’t make me a bad mom}  I do warn them that they will end up getting sick, so far they stop before they have gotten to that point.
I wanted to share some photos from the day…..
october 2009 020
october 2009 018
october 2009 038
october 2009 036
october 2009 041
Today they are having their Halloween Parade.  The kindergartners and the pre k classes will get to wear their costumes to school and put on a little parade around the common area. I had to work on Kelsie’s costume and add a little extra velcro pieces since she is small.  We bought the smallest size they had but it was still a little big on her.  That’s ok, it’s cute none the less!

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Wow, now that's a party. That looks like a lot of fun.

Mommy Pastrami said...

Love the pictures! This is my favorite time of year! You had a lot of great ideas at the carnival. Our parade and classroom party is today!!!

Lindsay-ann said...

The halloween carnival looked lots of fun for sweet Kelsie. Hope the halloween parade goes well too.
Have a lovely weekend.
Lindsay
x

Darlene said...

What a fun party! Lexi's grade has a Fall Festival at school today during her last class from 2:15 to 3:00. They will have pizza, sub sandwiches and TONS of candy!

The Un-Nester said...

how ca-ute! I know that was a fun party!

Robin Beck said...

Oh my goodness Joanna, Kelsie is so stinkin' precious standing there holding her candy!
It looks like she and the other kids had a wonderful time!
Great photos!

Have a fabulous weekend,

Robin~♥

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

We made some of that slime for my sons birthday party last year.