Chicken Pot Pie
What do you need?
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (thawed)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cup quartered carrots (baby carrots)
- 3/4 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 jar chicken gravy
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 egg, beaten, if desired
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Add oil to skillet and cook the chicken and onions until the chicken is no longer pink and then onions are translucent, stir in carrots and cook 5 more minutes. Stir in peas.
- In medium bowl, mix together gravy, pepper, corn starch and sour cream. Add the chicken and vegetable mixture.
- Pour this into a 9 inch deep dish glass pie pan (I used a brownie pan). Place unrolled pastry over the top allowing the edges to hang over. Cut slits into the pasty.
- Bake 20 minutes. Brush crust with beaten egg. Cover edge of crust with foil to prevent over browning. Bake an 20 to 25 more minutes. Allow to sit 10 minutes. Serve!