Thursday, March 19, 2009

Piles of Tissues...

Wow, has these past couple of days been a complete daze. Kayla has been sick since Saturday afternoon. Fever, chills, nausea, headaches, these were her symptoms. (no fun) Seeing as my uncle is an RN at the local ER and my aunt is one of the PA's at a local dr's office, I knew that calling one of them would be helpful. I normally try not to go to the dr if we can help it.

I talked to my uncle Sunday morning and he informed me that it's going around...her next symptom would probably be coughing, since it hadn't started yet. Boy did he know too well. A couple of hours later and she was hacking her head off.

Monday morning rolled around, still fever was present and she was complaining of a sore throat...Strep, I thought and called the doctor. She got in a couple of hours later, negative strep, thank goodness, because by the time we got to the dr's office my throat was hurting too. (great)

We went home with Kayla and her virus....With lot's of rest, fluids and cough syrup as well as an antibiotic we were ready for it all.

That afternoon.....Kelsie wanted to take a nap (very unusual) seeing as Kayla was asleep in her bed, I thought that I would go and take her to my bed and lay down with her. We turned on Sponge Bob, I called Zack at work and before I could get off the phone Kelsie was asleep. I dozed for a little while and then I got up.

About 2 hours later Kelsie got up and that was it, she was running fever and throwing up. Oy!

I knew then it was only a matter of time before it was my turn. Seeing as I was at home in their faces, touching all their germy items, wether I washed my hands or not, I would need a germ suite to keep from getting it.

Well, on Tuesday afternoon, late...It hit me like a bag of bricks! Fever came on suddenly and the chills were horrible. The last time I had them was forever ago. I took some Motrin bundled up in the chair and dozed off.

Kayla was still sick at this point with fever and coughing...She stayed in her bed, and Kelsie was on the couch.

The best part of it all, we are all sick at the same time!

Yesterday was the worst for me. I felt as if I needed to go to the ER just for fluids, it seemed the more I drank, I still couldn't get enough. I think I ate nearly an entire box of popcicles. Yum!

Today I feel tons better, low grade fever and coughing is all that is left besides my stuffy nose. Nothing compared to my experience yesterday. Kayla stayed home again today because of her coughing. There isn't even a five minute break inbetween her coughing spells. This afternoon she is sounding better. Kelsie is still fussy but better none the less.

I spoke to my aunt on Tuesday afternoon and she said that this mess just keeps changing every couple of weeks and everyone is becoming reinfected! ARGH!!

I hope that everybody stays well!!


Sandy Toes said...

Hope you feel better soon~ sound like you have had it bad...get well soon!
sandy toe

Kelli said...

I hope you all feel better soon. There is something nasty going around...get lots of rest.

Darlene said...

I hope you all feel better quickly!

Laura said...

Oooh, that sounds yucky! It is so hard to take care of sick children when you aren't feeling good yourself. We have the cold that doesn't go away here. Just when I think everyone is better they wake up the next day stuffy again, aagghhh! Hope you all are feeling better soon!

Laura :)

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Oh my gosh, I don't envy you with all that sickness in your house! I hope things get better soon!