Saturday, January 31, 2009

Surgery and Recovery Went and Going Well

Actually I am posting for myself because I am not so bad off.  Not as bad as I thought I was going to be.
The surgery went very well.  I remember being given an IV, they laid the chair back, I looked up at the ceiling and after that the only thing I remember is getting out of the car at Target.
Zack said that I was awake when the dr was talking to him and I, but I don’t remember it.  He said they wheeled me out in the wheel chair…Can’t remember that either.  *smiles*
The only pain I have been in was yesterday afternoon, 4 hours after surgery, my pain meds were ready yet and needless to say everything they had given me in the office was worn off!  I was crying, in pain and had decided that laboring a child was not as bad. (although) I was one of the few freakish few who didn’t have a bad labor and delivery either times.
I have been eating a few bites of pudding or applesauce as I take my pain meds (every 4 hours).  Zack set his alarm through the night so that I could take my meds on time.
I have no swelling on the outside at the moment, but I have had ice on my face rotating from one side the other since I came home.  Maybe that has something to do with it.
The dr also told Zack that my impacted tooth wasn’t as bad as the x-ray had shown.  So, it was a lot of an easier removal then expected. 
I am going to run now.  Typing, I can’t keep the ice on…Thank you for your well wishes!  I really appreciate them, it puts a smile (what smile that I can accomplish at the moment) to read my comments.


Darlene said... is always a blessing when something is not nearly as bad as you thought it would be. Here's to a fast recovery!!♥

Amanda said...

I'm so glad it went well & that you are getting better! Get plenty of rest! Love you!

The Graves' House said...

glad to hear you are doing well. i truly believe for me the pain meds every four hours and constant ice during that first day did the trick. hope you continue to improve quickly. many blessings!