Thursday, October 16, 2008

Updates and Such

I spoke to my daddy yesterday evening and he said that he was waiting to speak to the dr that was taking care of my mother while she is in the hospital. He did however tell me that her nurse had said that the dr probably wanted to tell him that she was unresponsive yesterday morning before daddy was over to visit.

Daddy told me to prepare myself as he was doing. This is hard people.

I spoke to him this morning and he had spoken with the dr. She told him that her pneumonia isn’t responding to any of the antibiotics that they are trying and that she just didn’t think mother would get better.

Daddy was going to pick out the cemetery plots today and he spoke to their preacher because mother wanted her service held there.

Daddy said that now they are just going to be making her comfortable or at least as comfortable as they can make her. He said that she looked terrible yesterday when he visited with her. Her breathing was shallow and forced and she just didn’t look good. She was worse than the night (Sunday) when we left her at the hospital and she was back to being unresponsive to him.

We are headed up this weekend to visit again.

Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm so, so sorry this is happening to your family right now. I hope your mother finds comfort & you find peace with what's going on.

Erin said...

I'm so incredibly sorry...I'll continue to pray for your family.