Tuesday, July 19, 2011

For the Love of Email!

Thank you to Yahoo! Mail for sponsoring this post about staying connected. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.

A week or so ago I told y’all about my love of email and how it started.  You can read that here.  Now I’m going to tell y’all about my love for email here and now.

I started blogging several years ago before the “mom blogger” title ever got started.  They were only then starting to hit the scene with product reviews and giveaways.  This is when I ran across a blogger and wondered how she had gotten started.  What did I do?  Well, I didn’t call her, because I didn’t know her at all besides what she had written on her blog.  So I emailed her!  I ask her how she got started and told her this was something that I’d love to do and ask her how I could get started.  She replied.  I was told that by email, it was really as simple as that.  What?  Just an email?  Yep. 

So began my “mom blogger” title, for a while.  I wrote dozens of emails off daily and received them in return.  It really was one simple email that started it all.

july 2011 033

To this day I no longer write emails to companies but I receive all sorts of email pitches daily.  If it weren’t for email would mom bloggers even exist?  I’m not so sure.  Sure we could have picked up the phone and called the company or representing PR agency, but it’s not as simple.  Email is just easy.  And I am not so sure that the companies instead of sending out an email would pick up the phone and call bloggers on a daily basis. 

Email is the one thing we all have in common.  I have the same email address that I started with years and years ago, with Yahoo!.  I noticed that within the past couple of weeks that Yahoo! has changed their email setup.  I’m still learning the new ins and outs.  Change is scary sometimes, but sometimes change is for the good.  So far I am loving this new setup.  Thank you Yahoo! for continuing my love for email!  I’m not sure I’d be where I am today in the world of blogging with you!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I love email and I'm also getting used to the changes.