Thursday, July 15, 2010

What’s on Your Book Shelf?

I have been searching for something, needing something, craving something.  I’m lost as to what I’m on the search for but it’s something to read.  There is a yearning for reading right now that I never have.  And that yearning is for a spiritual book.  I have never been one to read, let alone pick up a book that wasn’t Harry Potter or from the Twilight series.  I’m just not a reader.  But there is something so loud inside my head that I can’t drown out the sound any longer…so I’m whole heartedly searching.  I’ve come across a few books that I’d like to pick up from the book store or library…If you’ve read these, I’d love to know what your thoughts on them are.

Brining up Girls

 image

Basically y’all know that I have two daughters and this book called to me as I was scrolling through Amazon’s spiritual/Christian books.

Crazy Love

image

I’ve seen several people say that they are reading this book, but no words on what they thought.  This really sounds like something that would be worthwhile.

The Christian Atheist: Believing in God but Living As If He Doesn’t Exist

image

The title sounds sorta scary, but I clicked out of curiosity.  And after reading what the book was about, I knew that it was one that I had to read.

The Bondage Breaker {thanks Kelli for recommending this one}

image

And I’d love to get these books for Kayla.

Before you Meet Prince Charming

image

The Truth about Guys

image

Revolve Devotional Bible: The Complete Bible for Teen Girls

image

or this study bible..not sure which one to go with…

Girls Life Application Study Bible

image

Girl Politics: Friends, Cliques, and Really Mean Chicks

image

My Faith {Middle School Survival Series}

image

So there you have it what will soon be on our book shelves.  What are you reading?

3 comments:

The Un-Nester said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Un-Nester said...

Those look like some really good reads. I have Crazy Love (which I will read next). Mom read it and LOVED IT! Also I have heard a lot of bible study groups use it as a focus...so I've heard lots of great things about it. Seems pretty intense! But right now, I am reading Baby Proof by Emily Griffin. Her books are pretty good, easy summer reads (scandalous, funny, and entertaining).

P.S. Thx for taking off the word verification :)

Kelli said...

Those look like really interesting reads. I have heard Crazy Love before, let me know what you think. I'm getting ready to read Fresh Power by Jim Cymbala (he also wrote Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire which is AMAZING) and then I've got to read Bondage Breaker. Those books for Kayla look great and I need to jot some down for Jamison.