Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Summer Pineapple Cake

I remember as a kid going on the five hour trip from Alabama to Florida to visit my Grandma {my dad’s mom}.  I always loved going not only because she lived close to the beach but also because there were a couple of things there that I didn’t get to eat at home.  One was extra sharp cheddar cheese, the second was half and half instead of milk on my cereal, and the last one was her Summer Pineapple Cake.  It was my favorite part of Summer and pretty much became almost a tradition because at least once a Summer I would get this cake. :-)

Summer Pineapple Cake

I decided to make it for Father’s Day this year because everybody in the family likes pineapple AND because it’s SO freakishly easy!

What do you need?

  • 1 box of any brand yellow cake mix
  • 1 can of crushed pineapple
  • 1 can of condensed milk
  • 1 container of Cool Whip

What do you do?

  1. Bake the cake according to the directions in a 9X13 inch pan. 
  2. As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, poke holes in it using a fork.  Poke them ALL over!
  3. Pour the condensed milk over the top while the cake is still hot.  Use a spatula to help spread the milk all over the cake. 
  4. Next pour your can of crushed pineapple all over that, using a spatula to spread it all over.
  5. Leave it to cool.  You can put it in the fridge at this point, like I do to help speed of that process.
  6. When the cake is completely cooled, top it with the whole container of Cool Whip and put it back in the fridge. 

You want to serve this cake cold!  It’s creamy and delicious!!

No comments: