Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year…Resolutions?

It’s 2009 and the start of a new year.  I hope that this year has so much more to offer than that of 2008.  There were so many terrible things happen with the economy…Let’s all hope that it just gets better.  If not, I am not sure where we will all be.
Don’t get me wrong…2008 was nice….I lived through another year…Life is so short, you really never know when yours will be over.  We made a historic mark with the election of Obama.  I can say that I helped by voting for him.  Zack got a new job contracted through the government.    We had no major sickness.  And we didn’t lose our home nor did we have any financial losses.  I wished that I could say the same for so many other Americans.
I lost my mother in October and never knew life could be so devastating.   We take so many things for granted.  I realized this with her death.  I took for granted the fact that she was alive.  I knew that one day she would eventually pass, because that is just life.  But didn’t realize it would be so soon.  I am so happy to say that I spent the weekend before her death with her.  We went up to Alabama and she went with all of us to the pumpkin patch.  Although her mind wasn’t there, she was physically there.  I know now she is in a much better place and one day we will be reunited.  I go through phases where I miss her more than others.  I know that this is normal.  Just a couple of weeks ago, I cried myself to sleep missing her so….I talk to her often and like to think that she can in fact hear me. 
Resolutions for the new year??  I used to make them….Eat better, lose weight, exercise ( I think that these 3 seem to be on everyone’s list), control my temper, don’t yell so much, etc.  These are usually what I try and go for.  They always fall through within a few weeks. 
I don’t know about ya’ll but this year my resolution is going to be not to make any at all.  I am going to set goals weekly and get make them.  I think weekly goals are far better and you feel like you accomplish something rather than fail it. 
Good for those that set resolutions for the year and make them.  I am sorry to say that I am not one of those people.
So my weekly goal this week is to get better.  I managed to make it through the night without waking up coughing my head off and I was able to breath all night without the help of medicine.  The nights before I have had to take Nyquil or Sudafed to help with my nasal passages…So by Sunday, I hope to be better!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Hey that's a good resolutions, I think I may give it a try!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry about the loss of your mother. I hope that you continue to heal and appreciate her in your daily life.

Happy New Year!

Darlene said...

Happy New Year!!!

Gini said...

Sorry about your mother. Good idea setting weekly goals.

Robin Beck said...

Hi Joanna,
I've been on a blogging break...I'm back now and wanted to come over and say thank you for your prayers for my Granddaughter Noel. She is doing wonderful.
Hey, I was sad to read about your mom's passing what a year last year was for you. I've lost many loved ones and never take life for granted either.
I will be praying for you that you feel better too!
I don't make resolutions but do love making new starts when needed through the year! I love do overs!
I'm looking forward to getting to know you better,
Happy New Year,
Robin~♥

Unknown said...

Hi Joanna,

Weekly goals is a great idea. I've always done small goals when it comes to weight loss, and that works better than thinking of the end result!

Sorry about your mother!

Thanks for the visit yesterday!

Diane

Amanda said...

I was thinking about doing the same thing for the resolutions. It is so overrated & your right...they always fall through the cracks. Lets hope 09 is better - can't believe you voted for Obama though :) we will have to have a little chat little missy! I love yall & hope you get better!