Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Procrastination – A Terrible Category

I am a huge procrastinator.  As a matter of fact at this very moment I have said since Sunday afternoon that I was going to fold the laundry that is sitting at this very moment in my living room staring at me. 

I started out this morning doing good.  I said today was the day I was going to clean the house all up, top to bottom.  Because we all know that Christmas is in 3 days and I will have to cook most of the day on Thursday for Christmas dinner. {we are going to Zack’s moms house and I am taking a few things}

So I unloaded the dish washer, loaded it back up, wiped down the counter tops…and then was greeted with piles of “stuff”.  Receipts, bills, stickers, papers, mail, etc on the end of the counter {what you don’t have that “stuff”?}.  Why does this “stuff” end up here?  We don’t have a place to put it.  So this made me stop cleaning house and think of what I should do with that “stuff”.  A cute basket perhaps?  Or maybe a decorative bowl?  Hmmm…I’ll do that later, I thought.  Back to cleaning house.

Ok, on to the boxes sitting around waiting to go back in the hall closet from last weeks water heater going out.  The floor is finally dry in there, but it still smells musty, so I throw two dryer sheets in there and think to myself I’ll give it a good cleaning {already cleaned it once with bleach and carpet cleaner plus Lysol} with carpet powder after Christmas.  I put the stuff back in there {finally} and think of what all else I need to do.

The laundry is still looking at me! {procrastinating}  I need to vacuum the den and bedrooms, I’ll do that last. {procrastinating}  I should start another load of laundry, I thought to myself, as I  enter the bathroom and greeted with a large pile of dirty clothes. {what you say, yours is all neat and tidy in a basket?} I’ll do that tonight, I think to myself.  {procrastinating}

Why is that I can make a list of all that is lurking in the wings waiting to be done but can’t seem to get it finished?  Procrastination – A Terrible Category!

Some days I can whisk through the house and not stop until it’s clean. other days I keep putting it all off until later. 

Today I am going to stop procrastinating and start doing it!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

You go girl. When you're done, give me some of your energy so I can stop procrastinating too.

Courtney said...

You are not alone. I find myself falling into this procrastination trap very often. Especially where the laundry is concerned. Good luck getting it done. I know you will :)

Heatherlyn said...

I have days like that. And then when I FINALLY do whatever it is I was putting off I think "that's not so hard. Why did I put it off for so long?"

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I procrastination is a problem I have at times...I hate it too!

Merry Christmas!

Blessings,
Linda

Unknown said...

Procrastination is my middle name - ugh...

Hope you get it all done!